Conventional vs Efficient Cockroach Breeding Methods
Conventional Cockroach Breeding Methods
Below is how many people breed cockroaches using old conventional methods. In the following section we outline how we have streamlined and automated many of these methods:
- Place toilet roles or egg cartons to one end of a plastic tub and place food and water at the other end. A free source of egg cartons can be obtained from take away stores (i.e. McDonalds) or baking stores.
- Food consists of a bowl of wet vegetables/fruit, a bowl of dry food (see dry food page) and a water bowl. Some people put pebbles or hydration crystals in the water bowl to prevent cockroaches from drowning.
- Place a heat source to one end usually a light. We suggest a heat mat or heat coil to be placed under the container as it creates a more diffuse heat source. Heat will want to rise, so it moves up through the whole container.
Efficient Cockroach Breeding Methods
Conventional methods described above are messy and make cleaning difficult. At Wildlife Hub, we have developed systems that have a number of innovations as summarised below:
- Food and Water Dispensers which feed your animals for you.
- Significantly streamlined cleaning and maintenance activities. This allows all your cockroaches to be removed from the container with ease (and no escapees), allowing quick and easy removal of detritus.
- Find out how to quickly separate detritus and cockroaches.
- Food trays allows for the removal of all food and water items together, saving time.
- A method to separate cartons, food and water from detritus areas. This significantly increasing the life of cartons and food.
- How to manage cockroaches so they are efficiently contained and minimises escapees.
- Specially designed containers which increase air flow, removes toxic odours and maximises heat retention.